Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sponge Gradient - Too Yacht to Handle

Happy Wednesday everyone! I know my last post was a hard act to follow...those Emerald and Ash polishes are GORGEOUS! Check them out here!

It's been a long time since I've done a sponge gradient. Since I love the two colors I chose, I thought I'd show you the first time I used these two colors together in a "gradient". 

(Remember, I said it was the FIRST TIME)
Go easy on me. That was about a year ago!
Let's take a look at my nails, today...


There's a few things to be said about the last year. I've been using a nail strengthener as a base coat, every time I polish. I've also been moisturizing much more than I used to. I've also stopped nipping at my cuticles so much.  My cleanup has gotten better too, don't you think? 

My colors in this mani are Venique's "Kitten Heel Honey" and China Glaze's "Too Yacht to Handle". If you want to try a sponge gradient too, check out my mini tutorial here!


I used a matte topcoat this time, to cut down on glare. I like the way it looks over the gradient too.



























Practice makes perfect! Thanks for looking at my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment