Saturday, March 8, 2014

Emerald and Ash - The Photometry Collection

Hello friends! I have something MAJOR to share with you today. I am so excited to be able to share with you, the Photometry Collection by Emerald and Ash. I was approached by Ashley, and she was wondering if I would swatch and review this new collection to share with all of you. I'm sure you can imagine my response. I had just two Emerald and Ash polishes in my collection to begin with, so I couldn't wait to get my mitts on some more! 

Before I show you the goods, I want to tell you a little bit about what inspired them! This collection is super cool to me because part of my job (my actual job) is to teach new stylists about color theory and about how all of the colors in the spectrum relate to coloring hair. When I heard that this collection was called the "Photometry" collection, I was super excited! It's scientific...and I UNDERSTAND it!!! Wheeeeee!

Photometry is the science of the measurement of light, in terms of its perceived brightness to the human eye.
Cool, huh? Ashley's husband, Nate is a Quantum Physics major (WHOA) and is currently teaching core physics at a University. I think it is super cool that this husband and wife team are both so totally immersed in this brand! So...lets check out the colors, huh???

Mie Scattering

Mie Scattering is a pure white crelly with white shimmer that is filled with micro flakies and a slight touch of holo. Can be worn alone with coverage in 3 coats or layered over a white base.


I opted not to layer this color over any undies, because I wanted you to see what the actual color looks like on the nail? I just LOVE that shimmer...don't you?

I used 4 thin coats in my pictures.

Sodium FASOR

Sodium FASOR is a yellow-orange shimmering stunner with copper flashes and a surprise red color shift once on the nail. It is filled with micro flakies and a slight touch of holo. Full coverage at 2-3 coats depending on your application.


Can you see all the colors in there? I don't usually go for orangey polishes...but this one, I LOVE!


I think that the fact that this color is so flashy, is making my camera go a little goofy. My skin tone looks a little cooler than it normally does. In person, this color is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Spark Gap

Spark Gap is a lovely lighter, yet vivid, purple crelly with violet flashes and a lot of shimmer that is filled with micro flakies and a slight touch of holo. Full coverage at 2-3 coats, depending on your application.


The shimmer and flash that these polishes have is unbelievable! 


I used 3 coats of Spark Gap for these pictures.

Cherenkov Radiation

Cherenkov Radiation is a brilliant, bright blue jelly with aqua undertones and shimmer that is filled with glass flakes and a slight touch of holo. Full coverage at 2-3 coats depending on your application.


Look at that aqua shift! Look at it! Its amazing!!!!


Instead of a bottle shot, I'm including a sun-lit pic. In this pic you can really see the sparkle and holo in this polish. I think this one might just be my favorite. You know how I love my blue polish!

Aurora

Aurora is a charming, softened green shimmer with pops of red and green micro flakies and a slight touch of holo.  Full coverage at 2-3 coats, depending on your application.


Hellooooooooo gorgeous! Look at dem flakies!


I used three coats of aurora in my pictures.

Well? What do you think of the Photometry collection? I think that this collection is beautiful and delicate...with a bit of an edge. When it comes to application, you have to have a light hand. These polishes can get thick very easily, if you don't apply them with thin coats.

Kudos to Emerald and Ash! You've created an AMAZING collection. Stay tuned for my next post...I'll be showing you the special, one year anniversary polishes by E&A!

These polishes will be available for purchase March 14th at 6pm MDT.
Look for them at emeraldandash.com  






1 comment: