Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sponge gradient mini tutorial

Alright, here it is. My personal favorite technique, the sponge "gradient" or sponge "ombre" manicure. I have put together a little collage with all the steps in order. I will detail these steps after the picture collage.
1. Start with a base coat. 75% of the time I choose white. Let it completely dry.
2. Select your colors. I chose the three primary colors so that I could show how they will 
blend into a sort of "rainbow" effect.
3. Mask off your skin with tape. (or chapstick, or vaseline, or elmers glue) It makes cleanup WAY easier.
4. Paint your colors directly onto the sponge. 
5. Sponge the colors onto the nail. 
6.It won't look quite right just yet, don't worry, it 
will after a few more coats.
7. 4th and final sponging
8. Remove the tape and use a brush dipped in acetone to do your cleanup,
9. Add topcoat and bask in the glory of your sponged ombre nails!

What do you think? Will you be trying some sponged gradient nails on yourself?





No comments:

Post a Comment