Monday, September 16, 2013

I went all out this time!

For today's post, I thought I'd include a little step by step so that you can see just how easy it is to make some cool nail art for yourself! I don't know about you, but I'm ALWAYS checking out pinterest for cool nail ideas. I saw something similar to this a long time ago, and had forgotten about it until yesterday. Here in the midwest, fall is fast approaching and so I felt like doing something bright, flashy and summery while I still can! There's a little bit of everything in this mani, so get ready!

Isn't it fun?? I'm showing you my finished product first, then the steps to get this look.

The pink is China Glaze in "Neon and on", the white is Revlon Top Speed in "Spirit" and the black and white craziness is Hard Candy's "Black Tie Optional". I also used a Wet 'n Wild quick dry polish for the black. (I HIGHLY recommend using quick drying polish for nail art like this)


First, get your base colors all ready to go. For neons and pastels, I always put a base of white underneath...they just look better that way! 

If you've been wondering how to get the chevron effect that's everywhere right now, this is the easiest way. I tried cutting the tape by itself, and all I wanted to do was throw the roll of tape out the window! Use wax paper and apply the tape to it, then cut! I've also done this when I use a 
paper punch to do cutouts on my nails.

Stick it on! That's all ya gotta do.
Boom. It's that easy.

Next, get yourself some dotting tools. I picked up my set from Amazon for less than $2. 
(Tip: look for a seller in the U.S. or somewhere close to you, or you will be waiting FOREVER for them to come in the mail)

Different sized tools, for different sized dots!

Striping tape! This is another one that runs real cheap, just 
check where it's coming from before you place your order.

Stripey!

Here's another pic. I used one coat of Seche Vite when I was all finished. Make sure your designs are TOTALLY dry before top-coating. The black and white can run when you paint on your topcoat. Sorry for the blurry thumb. I used the Black Tie Optional for one of the nails, because it's fun and it reminds me of the '90's and Lisa Frank folders! It looks especially cool over gradient painted nails!

Are you ready to try some nail art?



No comments:

Post a Comment