Monday, September 23, 2013

Softening the Bad Things

Until very recently, I wasn't aware of the vast amount of "indie" polishes out there. I feel like there is something so special about purchasing a polish that someone has lovingly created by hand. Mostly I find these indie polishes by checking out other nail blogs and browsing Etsy shops to find the most unique and new pretties to try.

This polish caught my eye when I saw another blogger's review of it. I love the color, and it's unique combination of creaminess and glitter. It is made my Lucky 13 lacquer and it is called "Softening the Bad Things".

The thing about this polish that made me most excited was the fact that it is a "polish with a purpose". A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this color in particular are donated to NAMI to help aid in mental illness awareness and suicide prevention. It makes this lovely polish even lovelier, right?

In these photos I used two coats of the color and two coats of seche vite. It went on smoothly and the glitter was very evenly spread out. I didn't have to fish around to get the glitter out of the bottle. Check out Lucky 13 Lacquer and see what else they have. I know there are a few 
of their colors on my wish list!

No comments:

Post a Comment