Monday, July 7, 2014

Emerald and Ash - Life in Color collection, part 1

I haven't anticipated the arrival of a collection like I did this one in a long time. Emerald and Ash never disappoints,  this collection is absolutely stunning. Once again, I was privileged enough to be asked to swatch and review half of this collection. Here's a word about the collection, straight from Nate and Ashley, of Emerald and Ash.

"The 14 polishes in Life in Color were created because we absolutely love color and sometimes the colors we wanted to make just didn't fit into collection. This was our chance to play and make things we've been thinking of for the past year, as well as allowing us to play with different finishes we haven't used before. Seeing as this was our chance to play with color, we decided to take this opportunity to give names to the polish that make us laugh while mixing in some that have personal meaning to us.

All of these polishes are highly pigmented, so as always we recommend a good base coat to wear with them."

I literally squealed in delight when I opened the box with all of these colors in it. I am going to show you 3 colors today, and the rest on Wednesday!
Bees?

"Bees?: No confusion here, this is a neon yellow with a little something different. In the sun you will be greeted with a smattering of holo, while inside you will get a flash of purple shimmer and flecks. Due to the nature of neon pigments this will dry to a semi-matte look. Leave it as is or gloss it up with a top coat, your choice! Also, due to the finicky nature of neon yellows, you may find that you want to wear a base coat of white under it. This will hide visible nail lines as well as making the neon yellow pop even more! On its own you can get to a nice coverage and two coats with visible nail line going away at three coats."



In my pictures I have on two coats of white, two coats of Bees? and one coat of Seche Vite. I feel like my white is a little on the thick side...so you may see Bees? 2.0 from me once I get that white base figured out. I wore this color to an outdoor event on Saturday, and at dusk, my nails were ULTRA bright! I mean, aggressively bright. I got a lot of compliments because they were so eye catching!


Here's a close up of the bottle, so you can see the shimmer. I had a hard time capturing in on my camera.

Water Bay


"Water bay: This name invokes memories of our first trip together down to St Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. We figured why not name it after the breathtaking bay we stayed on. Laughter then ensued when we realized that we stayed on the most lazily named bay ever. Water Bay. Whatever, it still works. Water Bay is a pool blue foil that has a pop of holo in it that's just waiting for the sun. Much like the way that the tropical waters shimmered as the sun hit it. Full coverage in two coats."


I think that if I had to pick a favorite shade of blue...and you know that I love blue, this would be it. It's not straight blue, but not turquoise. I had a LOT of compliments on my nails when I wore this. I was out and about for 4th of July celebrations, and it definitely got attention! 


In my pictures I have on two coats of Water Bay and one coat of Seche Vite.

Thunderfuck


"Thunderfuck: A name that came to us thanks to a friend pointing out that she was recommended some interesting "similar" pages, having nothing to do with us, due to her liking our Emerald and Ash page on FB.We just couldn't pass on making a polish with one of the names that had popped up. This is a crazy cool polish that has a touch of silver pigment and a whole lotta gunmetal and midnight rainbow flakies. That wasn't enough for us because then we added in a smattering of holo and neon purple flakies. A full-coverage, in two coats, polish that will smack you in the face with its awesomeness."


This polish has a character all its own! It has such a unique quality to it, that the camera just can't seem to capture! The name, in my opinion is hilarious and will be available in a censored and uncensored bottle.
This color really will smack you in the face with its awesomeness!

One thing to note about this color is that it takes a little getting used to, when applying. It's a full coverage flakie, so it has a tendency to be fickle when you apply it. Have no fear, its wonderful and will amaze you when you are wearing it!


In my pictures I have on two coats of Thunderfuck and one coat of Seche Vite.

Also, included in my package was a bottle of E&A's nail oil scent of the month, Fresh Cut Grass. It's a soft, perfumey take on the scent that fills the air when you're mowing the lawn. I love it, just as much as all of my other nail oils! 


So?? What do you think? This collection is so diverse. It literally has something for everyone. Since I received half, I'm already plotting and planning my shopping for the release date!

Emerald and Ash is prepping for a trip to Las Vegas to go to Cosmoprof North America. Their store will remain open while they are away, and upon their return the orders will be filled and shipped.
The "Life in Color" collection will be available this Thursday, July 10th at 9AM MDT. Visit www.emeraldandash.com to get your hands on these and all of the other AMAZING colors.

EMERALD AND ASH




No comments:

Post a Comment