Monday, November 10, 2014

Galaxy Nail art

Brrrrrrr! Up here, in the great frozen north, we are having our first BIG snowstorm of the season. My plans are to stay inside all day unless I absolutely HAVE TO go outside.

I was feeling a little uninspired yesterday when it was time to decide how to do my nails. I'm always enamored with the night sky and what's up there in outer space. I came across a photo on Reddit and I felt like it would be a good one to inspire my nail art for the day.


This is two photos stitched together of the Orion Nebulae. [Source]
So beautiful.

Here's my nails, inspired by this amazing photograph.


Depending on who you ask, galaxy nail art may or may not be the "thing" anymore. Either way, I sure do like it. It's a fun, and super simple way to make your nails look super cool!


I started off with a black base, and then sponged on different layers of blue and purple shades. I added a few stars and then topped it off with a layer of Fairy Dust, by China Glaze.


Twinkle, twinkle!

Since the snow is coming down, and I don't have a whole lot to do, I think I'll go think up some more nail art ideas!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment