Sunday, November 17, 2013

I'm still hanging on to summer!

I'm not gonna lie, I've been feeling a little un-inspired in the nail "art" categpry lately. Maybe it's because life has been busy and I haven't had the time to sit and play. This evening, I did 3 different nail art themes. THREE! This is the first. It's cute, and I like it. It's just probably better suited for summer! After I finished it, I topcoated it, took these pictures and took it off. Such a shame to waste perfectly good nail art, right?

Aren't they lovely? They remind me of a purple Hydrangea.
 I used my dotting tool to make the flowers with three different purples.


On my ring finger I followed this Nimbus tutorial , from the Nailasarus to get the soft, watercolor effect. I love how all the colors layer together. I did a lot of painting in high school, and this nail 
art reminds me of a lot of the paintings I used to do. 


I will definitely be using the Nimbus technique in the future. In fact, it's making another appearance in tomorrows mani! Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment