Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Practice Makes Perfect!

I've had some success with stamping lately, so I hope you don't mind me showing you my practice! I have an aztec type pattern that I thought would look awesome over this mint green that I have. I tried SO MANY times, and I just couldn't get it right. I wonder if maybe the stamping polish was drying too fast...

Anyway, I decided on a floral stamp, and I really like the way it turned out!


My colors are China Glaze "Highlight of my summer" and Maybelline Color Show "Clearly Spotted". I used my Konad stamping polish to do the stamping, obviously.

My thumbnail is too big to get covered by a full nail image, so I opted to used the black and white matte glitter topper by Maybelline instead.


It's not perfect, but I like it a lot. I've been enjoying stamping, for once! I did have some issues with my color choices for this mani. I absolutely love this bright mint green, but it takes 3 solid coats to get good coverage without bald spots. I'm also a bit too quick to apply topcoat at times, so the black stamping polish streaked. It's not real bad on my left hand, but you should see my right!! 


Practice makes perfect, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment